Drinking Socially - The Official Untappd Podcast
Drinking Socially - Ep. 01: Happy New Year, with Beer.
Welcome to Season 3! Harrison and Jon begin with a familiar beer for this time of year, and finish with a lesser known North Carolina Farm Brewery. They cover the Untappd core badge update, and delve into "Dry January". They highlight some opinion polls on what "Trends you're looking forward to in 2020", and cap off this episode with a new segment — "Would You Rather". These will be designed to be the hardest questions we've ever asked Harrison!
What We’re Drinking
- ABV: 6.9%
- IBU: 40
- Slightly darker than last year’s Christmas Ale, the 2019 edition is layered with toasted caramel and coffee flavors with subtle hints of Mexican chocolate, rounded out with herbaceous spices. Crack open a bottle for a spiced whiff of western evergreens, roasted malts, and coastal flowers. It’s a rich, round and full bodied-treat with a silky, smooth finish.
- Hand drawn label art from the same artist since 1975!
- Redaction: Anchor is not the 2nd oldest brewery in the US, but may be the 2nd oldest craft brewery in the US. (this is a highly debated topic)
- ABV: 7.2%
- IBU: 48
- Notes: Aged 9 months in Spanish rum barrels, then finished with Mexican vanilla, fresh-grated nutmeg, and a beautiful Mexico Los Cotorras coffee bean concentrate from our friends at Joe Van Gogh in Hillsborough
- Haw River also released a JavaFruitcake Cream Stout with brandy-soaked raisins.
Show off your love of Untappd. Check out our online store and pick up Untappd branded glassware, shirts, sweatshirts, hats, and more! Go to http://store.untappd.com and enter the coupon code “PODCAST” at checkout to get 20% off all orders
- New Core Badges!
- Wake Up and Smell the Coffee
- Beyond a Shadow of a Stout
- Shake it Up!
- Pass the Guac
- You Don’t Know Brett!
- Dry January
- Harrison and Jon shed some 'light' on this recent trend and speak to how difficult this would be for them.
- Beer Trends for 2020
- We polled Untappd Employees and Podcast Fans about the beer trends they're looking forward to in 2020:
- Overwhelmingly — most people want to see a resurgence of 'traditional beer styles'
- Other Great Ideas included:
- 4-pack 16oz cans (or variety packs!)
- The Rise of the Lager
- Ordering beer from the internet moves forward in 2020
- The hunt for new "House Beers" heats up with so many options in the field
Would You Rather:
- Drink a new beer every time you drink beer, or drink your favorite beer only every time you drink beer?
- Big announcement for drinking along with Jon and Harrison and using Untappd!
- Jon and Harrison elect their "Mount Beer-More!"
Jon On Untappd
Harrison On Untappd
Drinking Socially on Youtube
Out of Our Gourds Pumpkin Home Brew Recipe