Drinking Socially - The Official Untappd Podcast
Drinking Socially - Ep. 63: Beer Traditions
Thanksgiving is approaching in the US and often times that means eating an early dinner and drinking an early pint. Jon and Harrison talk about this and some of their beer 'traditions' and nostalgia as they drink through 2 professional (and one Homebrew) beers. Also! we announce our first giveaway just in time for Xmas Shopping!
What We’re Drinking
Beer #1 - Recursion IPA by Bottle Logic Brewing
- IPA - (West Coast)
- 6.5% ABV
- The culmination of the Recursion experiment! This is the 9.0 recipe, chosen as the best version of this West Coast IPA series!
- Gift from Kyle Roderick
Beer #2 -Kindred Spirits by Innis & Gunn
- 6.1% ABV
- Smooth Scottish Stout meets Tullamore D.E.W. triple distilled Irish Whiskey barrel staves in our unique aging process to create a beer packed with dark chocolate, coffee and vanilla flavour with hints of oak.
Show off your love of Untappd. Check out our online store and pick up Untappd branded glassware, shirts, sweatshirts, hats, and more! Go to http://store.untappd.com and enter the coupon code “PODCAST” at checkout to get 20% off all orders
Grab a chance to earn $25 in the Untappd Store:
Goto Instagram and find Untappd's Post about this Episode
- Untappd's Instagram Page
- Comment on THIS Instagram post
- Tag 1 (or more) friends
- Add the Hashtag #drinkingsocially
- *Comments must be received by November 24th Midnight EST
- Winner will be announced on the next episode of Drinking Socially December 4th 2019.
Beer Traditions and Nostalgia
- Home Brewing
- We're actually drinking our first Home Brew on this Episode! An old friend of Jon's sent in a Home Brewed IPA in honor of his new Daughter's first #BrewDay and started a tradition of his own.
- Maddie's Meltdown by Hye Brewing
- ABV: 9.2%
- This batch of homebrew was named after my newly born girl Madison Ann. It was her first #brewday. A great combo of 3lbs of Passion Fruit puree and 15 Habanero peppers. Half the peppers added during the last 15 minutes of the boil and the rest during the secondary. The addition of Citra, Nugget and Ekuanot hops during the boil and some dry hopping. Which added some great bittering and aroma to this batch of homebrew. Has a nice pepper nose up front. Warning you that trouble is just around the corner
- Harrison recalls meeting Tom Miklenovic at a party and seeing 'jugs of beer' while falling in love with the process of Home Brewing.
- Jon remembers some Canadian Home Brewers sharing beers out of un-marked bottles at a football game.
- Jon talks about his first beer after football practice, and how beers and sports became such an important part of being a Bills fan. Also — how badly he wants to compete in a 'Crate Run' where him and Harrison drink a case of beer and 'run' a 10k
- Harrison reflects on beer and sports in his early years — and how he would love to compete in a Turkey Run, but mainly just drink and walk to the finish line.
Stories From Drinking Socially Facebook Group
- Jared asked for more news coverage and immediately got a lot of 'likes' so here we go with some updates in the world of Craft Beer.
Jon On Untappd
Harrison On Untappd
Drinking Socially on Youtube
Out of Our Gourds Pumpkin Home Brew Recipe